Fired Up Corporation recognizes the value of identifying and minimizing the environmental impacts of our products and operations. We are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance to protect the planet for current and future generations.
To support this we shall:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation, directives and other requirements to which Fired Up Corporation subscribes.
- Optimize our systems and processes to promote efficient use of energy, water and raw materials in order to reduce pollution to air, land or water.
- Employ a strategy of “Avoid > Reduce > Reuse > Recycle > Dispose” in the design and manufacturing process to minimize, and where possible eliminate, material waste.
- Embed environmental responsibility throughout our operations by engaging with and educating our people.
- Set and review environmental objectives to foster continual improvement.
- Identify best environmental practise at individual sites and strive to implement them company wide.
- Raise awareness of our environmental policy throughout our supply chain to inspire similar practise wherever possible.
- We will communicate our environmental policy internally and externally to employees, customers, and business partners and other stakeholders. This policy shall be reviewed on a regular basis and updated accordingly.
In 2012 Fired Up reduced the carbon output at our China facility by 112 tonnes as the result of a project led by Leeds MSc. Sustainability placement student Jonathan Lane. You can read a full account of this project by downloading the following document; 2012 Environmental Project